Do You Debate Online? – Elf Knows It [ARCHIVED]
Do you debate or offer opinions on other peoples posts on forums? You probably do, after all it is discussion. But pointless arguments are a common problem on forums and usually end with the moderator hitting the lock button with joy.
Tips for debating on-line:
- Don’t just pick fights for the fun of it.
- Only argue a point you know to be true, not just believe in.
- Let the other person know why you believe what you are saying is true, don’t just say I’m right you’re wrong.
- Admit when you’re wrong.
- Don’t use phrases such as: You’re talking nonsense, you are stupid, you haven’t a clue.
- Don’t take the You can’t spell/type correctly approach, What’s the point?
- Remember the keyboard is only a piece of hardware, not a weapon.
- Let the person know who you are, Hiding behind a screen name isn’t tough.
- Have fun! A debate should be enjoyable, sharing points and opinions.
Do you debate or argue your points online? Share you experiences with a comment.